- When YOU become a member of Or Emet, you will be part of a smart and caring community! That means that you will truly belong and have opportunities to make connections and build friendships. As a member of our Jewish humanistic congregation you will find people who share your perspective about identify, culture and beliefs.
- Or Emet will engage both your heart and mind, and support you in times of joy and sorrow. We celebrate births, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs (B’Mitzvahs), and weddings, providing personalized ritual service leadership, and offering thoughtful, heartfelt and caring funeral and memorial services.
- You will see that our members care deeply about tikkun olam, “repairing the world”, and you will be welcome to participate in Or Emet’s active social justice/action programs we organize, participate in, and/or co-sponsor with the larger Jewish community.
- As a member of a small congregation your voice still matters on the local and national level. If you believe that Judaism and its culture is important to the survival of the Jewish people, and that secular, cultural, and Humanistic Jews need an organized voice, an Or Emet membership is an excellent way for you to support this movement. Your membership also includes dues to our affiliating organization for North America, the Society for Humanistic Judaism.
- Or Emet welcomes those of all backgrounds: young and old, singles and families, intercultural families and their children, the LGBTQ community. You will fit well in Or Emet.
- If you have an interest in continuing to learn about Jewish history, culture, values, and traditions through a secular humanistic Jewish lens, Or Emet’s adult programs cover a wide range of topics with excellent quality speakers from our own membership and from respected presenters in their field in the greater Twin Cities community.
- Or Emet’s Jewish Cultural School meets monthly and our staff are well prepared to provide a warm inclusive environment for your children. A dynamic curriculum design presents Jewish historical era content at the appropriate level for each school grade.
- Your children will gain knowledge of Jewish history, values, and traditions, while engaging in fun creative activities and exploring what it means to be a secular humanistic Jewish person in the 21st century.
- When you become an Or Emet member you will have opportunities to gather for formal and informal social events as well as for our monthly Shabbat services and holiday services throughout the year: High Holidays, Sukkot, Hanukkah, Purim, Passover and others.
- An Or Emet membership adds a dimension of meaning, learning, belonging, fun, and friendships that endures for generations. Join us, and celebrate with us.