Or Emet is celebrating this year’s High Holidays with services at the Minnesota JCC Sabes Center Minneapolis, 4330 S. Cedar Lake Road, Minneapolis, along with the option to participate over Zoom. All services will be held in a large event space to allow for physical distancing.
Or Emet invites everyone to share in our High Holiday services. We are a secular congregation celebrating and honoring Jewish culture, history and values from a humanistic, inclusive perspective. You can join us for Rosh Hashanah, Tashlich, Kol Nidre or Yom Kippur services, emphasizing the history and culture of the Jewish people and the values of each celebration.
The following programs will be led by Or Emet ritual leader and rabbinic candidate Eva Cohen:
- Erev Rosh Hashanah: 7 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 25. (Register for Zoom.)
- Tashlich: 10:30 a.m. Monday, Sept. 26, location to be announced. (No Zoom option. Registration required.)
- Kol Nidre: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 4. (Register for Zoom.)
- Yom Kippur: 4 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5. (Register for Zoom.)
- Following the Yom Kippur service, a break-fast meal will be served outdoors under a tent on JCC property. (Registration required.)
All attendees must wear a mask indoors and are expected to be up to date on vaccinations or have a same-day negative COVID test.
In keeping with High Holiday tradition, Or Emet welcomes donations of nonperishable food and personal hygiene items to be shared with a local community center.